Monday, January 27, 2014

Lorde's Dip Dyed Mani

If you watched the Grammys last night, you might have noticed some weird thing going on with Lorde's manicure.  Now, I will say it is creepy, but it's kind of cool too.  So naturally, I'll try it!

First off, I painted all of my nails in OPI's Black Onyx from the Tuxedo Collection.  I sealed it in with a top coat and made sure the manicure was dried completely.
Next, using a makeup sponge and some black acrylic paint, I dabbed on a gradient of black.  Now, my best friend saved me here because I was actually going to use black dye on my fingertips.  Could you imagine work the next day??  This is much easier to get off although it....Royal-ly screwed up the finish on my nails.  Matte it is!
So here you have it.  "Dip-dyed" manicure straight off Lorde and apparently the runways as well.  
Just me goofing off a little bit.  Can't get the Lorde face down really, but you get the idea.

After looking at this and maybe trying it out yourself, how do you feel about the dip-dyed manicure?  Would you try other colors or skip the trend altogether?  Leave a comment or just whisper it to yourself.. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've actually been dying to try this out (no pun intended)! I think I'm going to try it this weekend... Thanks for the tips!! :^)

    ReplyDelete