Monday, January 28, 2013

Homemade Black Spotted Tutorial

"Black Spotted" done with OPI's Black Onyx from the Tuxedo Collection and a base color of Jo from Zoya
Feature nail done with OPI's Do My Back Please? from the Summer 2012 Ulta Exclusives Collection
Get a cup of room temperature water.
Tape off your finger, like this, so your skin doesn't get all covered with nail polish.  It will be a pain if you don't!
Drip about 3-4 drops of any color nail polish like you were water marbling.  Make sure your water is LUKE WARM or ROOM TEMPERATURE. 
This is the cleansing spray (disinfectant spray) I found at Sally's. Couldn't find any at Wal-Mart so this works too!
Spray a little of the disinfectant into the nail polish to break it up.  It will look like this!
Dip your finger in there and let it sit until it's completely dry on the nail.  Pull it out and there you go!  Black Spotted without the $50 spent on Ebay! :)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I just used your tutorial and it's great!

    I used some tequila for the alcohol, next time I'll try 90% alcohol.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought to use actual alcohol! That's smart!

    ReplyDelete